Working Remotely Remotely & Dinner at Seasons 52

I work from home almost exclusively. Once in a while I have to go on a trip and head to a hearing, mediation, conference, present an oral argument in court, attend a deposition, or something like that. But that's usually only a few times a year. I work remotely. Honestly, I can't imagine having to go into an office every day even once we're Empty Nesters. I prefer my situation here and my set-up. When I do go into an office, I'm surprised by the noise. I'm at home with three children, so I'm used to a certain amount of it - although our children are quite mild by almost every comparison - but it's so busy with people coming in your office constantly, the phones ringing, clients and salesmen coming in.... I don't know how you ever get into the "zone" which I really must be when it comes to seriously research, reading, analysis, and, of course, brief writing. 

All that said, lately, a few times a month, I work remotely remotely with my beloved. Toby and I go out and work together as he likes to do pretty much every day. I get to see him in action and participate in my own way with him. This was our spot today. 



One place we like to go is North Park Center in Dallas. It's a very traditional mall in architecture, but very high end in art, decoration, and retail. It seems all the big designers have stores there. For some, it's their only store in Dallas. 

We were there in the spring and stayed outside for a bit. It was a pretty cool day but the sun was intense, especially on our computers. 



We often end the day there at one of our very favorite restaurants, Seasons 52, which we discovered sometime in the spring of 2018. I'm not sure how we went so long without knowing about it! As I've mentioned, Toby and I are very much into the seasons and so is this restaurant. It changes its menu seasonally and it has an excellent gluten free selection. We prefer the North Park location. The Plano location actually sickened me just before Christmas and the service was just terrible, as was the comp for that. Sigh. It was actually quite annoying. It also does not have the same ambiance as North Park. 

Anyway, we headed over to Seasons 52 after a long afternoon of working near the eBar outside of Nordstrom's (which has great natural light) for a quick, early dinner. On our way we passed the LIK Fine Art Gallery which Toby went into a few weeks ago and was keen for me to see as well. He was very inspired by it and wanted to show it to me. It was really fantastic and unique photography. He's apparently a bit controversial, but the art world can be persnickety. Whatever. I liked it.  

Inspired by the art and full of ideas for Toby's photography and what we want to start doing to display it in our home, we finished the short trek to the restaurant, and checked out the menu. Corn is in season and we had the Roasted Corn, Aged Cheddar, and Spiced Bacon Flatbread (GF), with cocktails, then a Caesar Salad. Toby had the Grilled Scallops with Goat Cheese Risotto and I had the Rainbow Trout for our entrees. They serve my favorite Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc there - in fact, that's where I discovered it. It pairs well with fish, as you might imagine. We decided to forego dessert and coffee. We hope to get back again soon as there were a few other things on the Summer Menu we'd like to try. 

Normally, we'd linger a bit but we had to get some grocery shopping done and head back home. Preparations for our trip are underway in a sense. And, work has come in at a pretty fast pace for me - as always seems to be the case when I'm trying to get out of town. Nevertheless, being self-employed, you don't complain about too much work. You might worry about getting it all done, but that's a far better worry than when there is no work to be concerned about completing. In fact, I'm about to start the "night shift" as I call it. Sometimes even a productive day is just not productive enough and I have to go into the evening. 

To that end, I'd better get back to it. 

Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts