Late Morning Walk in Unincorporated Breckinridge (Updated with a Link to Toby's Photos)

❤️
UPDATE: As usual, Toby got some great shots. You'll see some of what he was shooting while I was shooting him. We like it when it turns out that way. It's not usually planned, which makes it all the more fun to see what each of us came home with.

I have much work to do but given the stress levels of late, I thought I needed some nature first. Toby and I headed out to what he calls "unincorporated Breckinridge" - which is the off-trail, wooded, grassy parts. 

He has this neat app that identifies trees and bushes. We've had such a great time with it. We discovered that those neat berries we see all the time this time of year are Chinaberries. Today we saw a tree full of them that were becoming quite ripe. I'm told they ferment and the birds will eat them and get drunk enough to fall out of trees. I'd actually love to see that! We also saw some great mosses including some under water. 










I love the contrast of the golden yellow with the blue sky. It was really a gorgeous day to be out! 




I like it when I can capture a photo of an item that seems framed by other things in nature. 



I'll keep this short and let the pics do the talking. I need to spend my words on my next few briefs this weekend. 

Thanks for reading! 


Comments

Popular Posts