Cold Spring Morning Walk at Foxboro on March 21, 2020 (and KB2's 100th Post!)

I really adored this log with moss. I believe I joked with Toby about bringing it home with us. 

Foxboro is one of our favorite places to walk. We return there time and again. It was officially spring, but the weather begged to differ. It gave us a cold, wintry day for this walk, but we made the best of it. Truthfully, I didn't mind. I like cold weather especially juxtaposed against the obvious spring vegetation. 

Here are my pics from this fun morning out. Toby's pics from this outing are here

One thing we've long-noticed, but have always hated, is the ever-present garbage along all of Dallas' waterways. It's just so...trashy. It really detracts from the beauty of this area.



We had had a great deal of rain at this time.

💙





I took this one just for the moss.

Two roads diverged in a...wood.

A lot of moss! The benefit of abundant rain.

Things were greening up nicely.



I love stone work like this. 


I'm not sure why this random birdhouse is here, but it was pretty and bright against the spring green and grey clouds. 


I like bridges, too.

This is one of those pics that your eye sees clearly but the camera cannot translate. 


A mallard pair; here is the male. Toby caught them together. 


It's hard to see, but the ducks live in this little temporary "pond" from the excessive rains we had. I remember thinking at the time that they were just so adaptable and that we humans - now in lockdown day 8 (we locked down on March 13) - should do likewise. Many were freaking out from the get-go. We held our own for a long time before becoming irritated with it all. There are reasons to be, as this Pandemic became an obvious political football, but at the time, we were still giving every benefit of the doubt and doing our part to "slow the spread" while keeping a good attitude about it.

I thought it really stood out among the brown leaves on the ground.

This caught my eye because it looked so much like honeysuckle, but in a tree version. I think it might be this, a honeysuckle bush. How interesting. 


The kids love the ramp and riding their scooters down it. I love all the tall trees there. 



I've posted about this monument before, but I still am so happy it's there. 

One thing I like to do is make videos to capture the sounds of where we are. I made this one that gives the sounds of spring with happy, chirpy birds. 




Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts