☦ Orthodox Quotes ☦

Although we are not participating much in Facebook and other social media and are pulling back from it, I do still like to see certain things on there and keep up with stuff. One thing I have greatly benefited from is the abundance of Orthodox pages on there and on Instagram, too. They post really neat quotes, especially from the early Church Fathers. I find this very uplifting. Not only that, it has lead me to some excellent books and added to our Orthodox Library. I'm going to start posting my favorites here from time to time as a way of building a library here. Here are a few from today.


Continuing with the theme:



We have dealt with some challenges, as I mentioned in our conversion story. Suffering and pain and grief are real, but out of them you can grow. Sometimes growth is only possible through such trials, for only then will you be humbled and accepting. That's a tough lesson to learn and one easily forgotten when things get tough again. These reminders are very helpful. And necessary.

Along these lines, I like this quote very much:


Then there is this reminder about anger:


Orthodoxy teaches much about forgiveness and healing from anger. If you do not forgive even those who have wounded you most grievously, your own sins will not be forgiven. You do not hurt another person through your anger so much as you wound yourself.

We are also taught about how our thoughts and spiritual state can affect those around us. Along these lines, I like this quote very much:




Satan comes for us all. We must be on our guard and see when others we are trying to help are struggling - not to judge - but to help.




That one really speaks to me, as does this one.



All of what we do is to achieve "theosis" which is explained here:



And, finally, for tonight, I like these two on marriage:









I hope this give you some fuel for thought and for your soul. More another time.


Thanks for reading! 

❤️☦

Comments

Popular Posts