Afternoon Walk at Arbor Hills & Toby's PhotoShoot of a Necklace on March 28, 2020

A friend from church asked Toby to take photos of a necklace she created to sell on Etsy. We headed out to Arbor Hills, another of our favorites, but which we frequent less because of the crowds. The light was very pretty and I caught some neat pictures, this being my favorite and the "money shot" (as Toby calls it) of the day for me. 

I really like this shot. I played with these pics for quite a while while Toby was working on his own project. I like the sun and how it illuminates the berries with the green all around. 



Ah, signs of the Pandemic - ever present. Honestly, by now we've become both accustomed to and annoyed by these things. When you're in nature with abundant ventilation, honestly, the chances of you getting a viral load high enough to make you ill is almost non-existent. Some of the "conventional wisdom" is anything but wise and has not really changed as more has become known about things. 

A nice bright sunny day; it felt good to get out. 

Toby: on assignment. He blogged about it here.







A mushroom! Another favorite of mine. 






By now the leaves were really coming out on the trees. 




Similar to the shot I opened this post with, but not framed quite as well. These are China berries. 

I like this one, too, but I like the sun in the other one which also has more context. 

Fall is our favorite season, but we appreciate the others as well. In fact, more and more I appreciate the other seasons for their own sakes rather than just getting through to the one I like best. I do, however, like to look for little reminders of seasons outside the one we're in. This little leaf with a bit of red did just that.

In this little series, I'm playing with the light in these tender leaves. 




A little heart made by nature. 💚




Giant thorns! 

Lichen




I liked the green details on the inside of the white petals. Green and white is a favorite combination of mine especially for flower arrangements, as I mentioned here.

I also love yellow.

This is a more heavily wooded part where we were about to see some very interesting trees. 


Look at this tree bark? It looks prehistoric. It's called Hercules Club, a subspecies of Prickly Ash, also known as Southern Prickly Ash. 

I idd a vertical pano, but it's a bit wonky. 


Another vertical pano attempt that was more successful. 




💚








Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts