Business Trip to Kansas City, Missouri, February 19-20, 2020

I had to take a quick business trip to Kansas City, Missouri, in late February. That time I traveled by air. It was my first time to be in KC. The business part of our finished up much earlier than expected, so we took time to experience a bit of KC's culture and cuisine. It's a nice place. By this point in 2020, more and more were talking about the pandemic and my colleague and I were a bit nervous about flying. At this time, they were still telling us not to mask and only testing a very limited number of people with specific jobs or symptoms. We both came back sick. I had a nasty cough and other symptoms for a month. Did I have early COVID? I have no idea and rather doubt it. By the time I'd have to travel to KC again in December, I'd drive, in part to reduce potential exposure to COVID and other funk that travels on planes and in part to accommodate a great number of files and to pack more freely (sweaters take up a lot of room and I don't like to check bags for a trip this quick; far too risky). More on that in a later post. 

Here are some shots of my first time there. 

Landing in KC.



We stayed at a neat boutique hotel called The Raphael. It used to be apartments and has quite a history. 

My sweet room. It's hard to imagine these were apartments though. 


A picture of a fern in my room which has to be a good sign.

The walls of the elevator were upholstered with dark wood trim. It was so quaint and charming. 

The river in front of the hotel. I wished I'd had time to walk and take more pictures. 

The architecture in this part of town reminded me of my trip to Pasadena with my Toby. 



There was a Seasons 52 across the street, so we headed there for our first dinner. 






When our work finished up early, we hit a few places for drinks and eats.


This is the best steak house I've ever eaten at. We returned in December. 

Our hotel had a nice bar that had live jazz music. This was among the best live performances like this I've ever seen. This man was quite the performer in the old and true sense of the word. From vocalist, to trumpet player, to tap dancer. He also just seemed to enjoy what he was doing so very much. 


KC has a lot to offer. 


Thanks for reading! 







Comments

Popular Posts