Hello! It's Time to Catch Up!

I've been wanting to blog - and catch up - for months now. Work has been quite busy in 2020, which is a blessing, but I've missed blogging and posting what we're doing - and balance in my life. We have been getting out quite a bit. I've tried to make a point of doing that at least - we need nature now more than ever. Even if I've not blogged yet, I have acquired quite a number of photo sets I want to post. This blog has become my own little diary or scrapbook of fun things we've done and primarily things I like that bring me peace. I'm hoping I can get caught up on what we were able to do in 2020 before it's 2021, which I hope is a very different year. 

We do have a trip planned out West in the Spring. We are so hoping we can do it and that nothing prevents it. We have missed traveling, more than I ever imagined I would. We did take a very short trip to Arkansas to just get out and hike a bit in Devil's Den State Park. More on that in its own post. It was nice to get away, but it was not what we've grown accustomed to doing in terms of a big summer vacation. Suffice it to say, we have a collective case of Wanderlust here.


I grabbed that shot of the above which the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel posted some time ago. That is one of our favorite hotels and one of our favorite National Parks. We were there in 2018 and 2019, the latter trip you can read about here.

We're ready to go back to this:


I watched a movie on Netflix a while back called Magnetic. I loved this quote. However, Netflix appears to have some way to block getting a screenshot. All I could get was the closed captioning, but not the background of what was going on. It was a beautiful mountain shot or sea shot, I believe. It was a fascinating movie and taught me about the incredible, extreme surfing at Nazre, Portugal, among other things. If you like the outdoors or extreme sports and marvel at what humans can and are willing to do, this is a great movie. The scenery is gorgeous. (I'm - quite obviously - hardly an extreme sports person in terms of doing, but I love watching especially documentaries about those who can push themselves to that limit.)

And, with that, let me move onto the next post. 

Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts