Mosses in the Neighborhood on March 20, 2020

I love mosses and lichen and ferns and almost all manner of green things. I like the brightness of moss and how it seems to do so well against things that are otherwise so dull. I like the contrast. I took these pics on a cool day in March this year as we were taking the simplest of walks - just around the neighborhood. One way we have managed through the Pandemic is to take frequent walks, infrequent runs, and just to try to take in life and nature as much as we can. Toby, as he's written, nearly always takes a walk at noon since he's been working from home so consistently. It is good to have daily reminders of these simpler, comforting things, even when we're not in Pandemic mode. 

This one even had a bit of clover in it, which was appropriate given how close to St. Patrick's Day we were.




💚









We do not have any mosses that grow in our yards at our house. Perhaps if I can ever have my little fern garden out back, I can get some mosses to grow with them. I've written of this before (and here). I wonder if anyone else has eve had a fern and moss garden? 


Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts