Noon Time Walk at Ranch 111 ("One Eleven") on May 5, 2020


There are a number of these trees that are bent over like this. I'm not sure why there are so many, but it's a neat effect.

Toby takes a noon time walk almost every day. I do not. I normally work through lunch since I both work and homeschool and our homeschooling is frequently interrupted by work calls, driving the kids back and forth to their outsourced classes, etc. Our youngest, Anthony, likes to go out with Toby more frequently. However, once in a while, I'll head out with Toby. This was one of those days and an opportunity for me to go to a place that Toby has gone more often but I never have: what he calls "Ranch 111 (one-eleven)."  We went there on May 5 at noon and again on May 8 for a longer Saturday morning walk, which you'll see in the next post. It's a neat place and very different; small, but a lot to see and hear

I took a few videos so you could hear the chirpiness of the birds. You won't see them though. They hide better there than almost anywhere else we've been. I don't know why it's that way. I could hear them distinctly but could not spot them in the trees. To be honest, I found it quite frustrating. There was quite a variety of sounds as well. I cannot identify many birds by sound, but am hoping to develop that skill in 2021.

Here are the videos:






And, here are my photos on this very pretty late spring day:


Anthony has quite an interest in photography himself. It was cute to see him with Toby.



I like to stand under a tree and look up and take a picture. It's often a neat vantage point - to me, at least. 

Two of my guys. ❤️












It's hard to get a sense of the scale here, but these are very, very large American Sycamore trees.


Toby let Anthony use his very expensive camera. Anthony did a great job and took special care. 

I'm not the only one who likes to photograph Toby.


How cute is this? 


See all the trees that arch? 

Playing with light and leaves. 


The sky and clouds were very pretty together. 




Watching and learning.






It was a nice outing and I was happy. I wish I had more time for such things. 


Thanks for reading! 




Comments

Popular Posts