Saturday Morning Walk at Ranch 111 ("One Eleven") on May 8, 2020

The 111 is adjacent to Firewheel Golf Course. There was a very large Great Blue Heron right there on the golf course! 

Only a few days after our noon time walk at the One Eleven, Toby and I headed out for a Saturday morning walk there, as is our tradition as often as we can. 

It was still late spring, of course, with lots of chirpy birds and even the sounds of a stream. I only took a few pictures this time and two videos with the sound. I spent most of my time determined to find the birds that were chirping so happily, but that was - again, frustratingly - to no avail. Many other times I can spot the birds singing, but not here. I still don't know why.

Here are the videos: 



And, here are my pics. You can see Toby's here where he gives you more information about this little place.  

More practice with light in trees.

Maybe a bit too much light? 


More subtle. 

Looking up to the top of this very mature American Sycamore. 

Zooming in a bit to see the large leaves. 

The leaves are very large. 

Some of the trees have these hollowed out places. 

Toby is very focused on getting a great close-up of the Great Blue Heron which I used as the intro picture to this post - which he did right here.


There are a number of dead or dying trees here. 



Looks like a great home for an owl to me. 

Never pick up a caterpillar that's furry! 

More close ups by Toby, the fruits of which you can see here including some really great pics of a variety of butterflies and flowers.  


Thanks for reading! 



Comments

Popular Posts